How To Choose a Fence Company
Having a fence installed at your home is a major investment. Fences have a huge effect on your property value, your home’s curb appeal, and your security and privacy, so when you’re having a fence installed, you need to know that you’re working with a contractor you can trust with the job. Before you make any decisions about about who to hire or what fence to buy, there are a number of questions you should ask.
At Tidewater Fence, our Hampton Roads fence contractors are all experts in their field and have professional training and experience. We’ll be able to guarantee your complete satisfaction with all of our work. But you don’t have to take our word for it!
If you’re in the market for a fence, take a look at some of these tips to help you select the best fence contractor for the job.
Begin your search for a professional fence contractor by doing some research. Find out everything you can about the contractors in the area before you invite anyone to provide you with an estimate.
During this step, you can narrow down the list of Hampton Roads fence companies who will visit your home, which can save you a lot of time. Some things to consider when researching include:
- Can you see examples of the company’s portfolio?
- What kind of reputation does the Fence Company have?
Reputable contractors should have examples of their previous work as well as client testimonials.
Set Your First Appointment
After you’ve narrowed down some fence companies, call to set up an appointment for an estimate. Make sure that the Fence Company can work with your schedule and that they’re professional over the phone. This is your first opportunity to really get to know the contractor you’ll be working with, so it’s important to pay attention to how they behave during this call.
Meeting Your Contractor
The most important part of choosing your Hampton Roads fence contractor is the first meeting, during which they’ll visit your home and provide you with an estimate of the cost of the work.
The contractor should arrive professionally dressed and ready to make a solid first impression. They should also be able to print out or email you the estimate while they’re at your home.
Some other things to consider include:
- Whether or not show up on time. The contractor should be at the job site at the scheduled time. If they’re running later, they should provide you with a courtesy call.
- Whether they demonstrate their expertise. Make sure that the person providing you with an estimate has a firm grasp on the products that you’re buying and the work that will be done.
- Whether they respect your decision-making process. A professional fence contractor should not ever try to rush your decision. You should never be rushed into a decision you may regret later.
- How To Choose a Fence Company
Having a fence installed at your home is a major investment. Fences have a huge effect on your property value, your home's curb appeal, and your security and privacy, so when you're having a fence installed, you need to know that you're working with a contractor you can trust with the job. Before you make…Read More
- Decorative Fencing Options Perfect For Hampton Estates
If you have an interest in outfitting your Hampton home with decorative fencing, you'll face many options to choose from that are on the market today. Living in the Hampton area, you'll want the options best suited for our moisture ridden climate so your decorative fencing investment will be long lasting and durable, and will…Read More